Absentee Ballot Application
Where To Vote
Am I Registered?
BUDGET & TRUSTEE VOTE
TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017
Notice of Public Hearing, Budget Vote and Election
There are five (5) polling locations: Lindell School, 225 W. Park Avenue, East School, Lido/MS, and Pt. Lookout.
Polling Place- Lindell –West School Election District - 601 Lindell Boulevard, Long Beach
Polling Place - 225 W. Park –MLK Center School Election District – 225 W. Park Avenue, Long Beach
Polling Place– East-Temple School Election District, 456 Neptune Boulevard, Long Beach
Polling Place- Lido/Middle School Election District, 239 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach
Polling Place -Point Lookout School Election District, Firehouse, Lido Boulevard, Point Lookout
Residents are registered and eligible to vote if they:
in or registered for a school district election after January 1, 2013
or are validly registered to vote with the County Board of Elections for
the General (November) Election.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- A resident of the district for at least 30 days prior to the election
Absentee ballot applications may be obtained from the District Clerk, 235 Lido Blvd., or from the district website at www.lbeach.org.
Applications must be received in the Office of the District Clerk by
May 9, 2017 if a ballot is to be mailed to the voter or by May 15, 2017
if a ballot is to be personally delivered to a voter. The ballot must be
received by the District Clerk by 5 p.m. on the day of the election.
|Voter Registration Day
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
235 Lido Blvd.
|School Budget Hearing
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Long Beach Middle School
239 Lido Boulevard
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
@ polling centers
|Questions about registration or voting?
Call the District Clerk at
(Mon. - Fri., 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Propositions on the Ballot
- 2017-2018 School District Budget Vote
- 2017-2018 Library Budget Vote
- Election of two (2) members of the Board of Education for a three (3) year term.
- Election of one (1) member of the Library Board for a five-year term; one (1) member for a one (1) year term.
the library seats are “at large” the library candidate receiving the
most votes will serve the five (5) year term and the candidate in second
place with fewer votes will serve the one (1) year term.
Procedures for Board Candidacy
There will be two (2) Board of Education seats up for election on May 16, 2017. The term for a Board of Education member is three years.
Petitions for Candidates to the Board of Education can be picked up at the Office of the District Clerk, Administration Building, 235 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach.
Residents considering candidacy for an at-large seat on the Board of Education should be aware of the following
- The FILING DATE for Board candidates is no later than Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
before 5:00 p.m. at the Office of the District Clerk, Administration Building, 235 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach.
- A minimum of one hundred (100) signatures is required on the petition for each nominee.
- Education Law Section 1528 requires that all candidates for election to a Board of Education must file sworn statements of campaign expenses to the DistricT Clerk of the school district. For details see: Legal Notice