Legal Notice of Public Hearing, Budget Vote and Election
Legal Notice of Public Hearing, Budget Vote and Election (Spanish)
Absentee Ballot Application
Absentee Ballot Application (Spanish)
Where To Vote
Am I Registered?
BUDGET & TRUSTEE VOTE
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2020
There are five (5) polling locations: Lindell School, 225 W. Park Avenue, East School, Lido/MS, and Pt. Lookout.
Polling Place - Lindell School Election District - 601 Lindell Boulevard, Long Beach
Polling Place - 225 W. Park Election District – 225 W. Park Avenue, Long Beach
Polling Place - East School Election District, 456 Neptune Boulevard, Long Beach
Polling Place - Lido/Middle School Election District, 239 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach
Polling Place - Point Lookout School Election District, Bishop Molloy Recreation Center, 15 Parkside Dr., Point Lookout
Residents are registered and eligible to vote if they:
- Voted in or registered for a school district election after January 1, 2016 or are validly registered to vote with the County Board of Elections for the General (November) Election.
To register to vote, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- A resident of the district for at least 30 days prior to the election
Absentee ballot applications may be obtained from the District Clerk, 235 Lido Blvd., or from the district website at www.lbeach.org. Applications must be received in the Office of the District Clerk by May 11, 2020 if a ballot is to be mailed to the voter or by May 18, 2020 if a ballot is to be personally delivered to a voter. The ballot must be received by the District Clerk by 5 p.m. on the day of the election, Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
|Voter Registration Day
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Long Beach Middle School
239 Lido Blvd.
|School Budget Hearing
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
239 Lido Boulevard
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
@ polling centers
Questions about registration or voting?
Call the District Clerk at (516) 897-2108 (Mon. - Fri., 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Propositions on the Ballot
- 2020-2021 School District Budget Vote
- 2020-2021 Library Budget Vote
- Election of two (2) members of the Board of Education for three (3) year term.
- Election of one (1) member of the Library Board for a five (5) year term
Procedures for Board Candidacy
There will be two (2) Board of Education seats up for election on May 19, 2020. The term for a Board of Education member is three years.
Petitions for Candidates to the Board of Education can be picked up at the Office of the District Clerk, Administration Building, 235 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach.
Residents considering candidacy for an at-large seat on the Board of Education should be aware of the following:
- The FILING DATE for Board candidates is no later than Wednesday, April 29, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. at the Office of the District Clerk, Administration Building, 235 Lido Boulevard, Lido Beach.
- A minimum of one hundred (100) signatures is required on the petition for each nominee.
- Education Law Section 1528 requires that all candidates for election to a Board of Education must file sworn statements of campaign expenses to the District Clerk of the school district.