Long Beach Middle School
The Guidance department includes (3) counselors: Mr. Robert Bajit, Ms. Ama Darkeh, and Mrs. Lynn Marcell. Each counselor will stay with an entire grade and follow the children to promotion in 8th grade.
Mrs. Lynn Marcell GRADE 6 (897-2169)
Mr. Robert Bajit GRADE 7 (771-3350)
Ms. Ama Darkeh GRADE 8 (897-2168)
As counselors we:
Mrs. Marcell Teams: 6-1, 6-2, 6-3
Mr. Bajit Teams: 7-1, 7-2, 7-3
Ms Darkeh Teams: 8-1, 8-2, 8-3
- Schedule and facilitate parent-team meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate parent-teacher meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate student-teacher meetings.
- Are conduits for specific information that might impact on your child's academic, social/emotional development.
- Participate in building and district meetings specifically for our students.
- Conduct workshops in the classrooms that assist with the character development of our students.
- Assist the facilitation of the 6th, 7th and 8th grade assessment testing.
- Meet with our youngsters individually to address their academic and social/emotional needs.
- Meet weekly with 3 teams each:
- Offer parents 5 after school-evening meetings in addition to parent/teacher conference nights. (Dates TBA)
- Available weekly after school from 2:54PM to 3:36PM one day a week to meet with either a student(s) or parent. (e.g. extra-help time)
- Assist in the scheduling process for grades:
5 to 6, 6 to 7, 7 to 8, and 8 to 9 based on teacher recommendations.
- Assist in the day-to-day scheduling adjustments for our youngsters.
- Process all new entrants to Middle School or students re-entering our school. This includes review of records, testing, placement and scheduling.
- Facilitate the John Hopkins Talent Search Program.
Again, we welcome you to Middle School. Remember, we are here to help your child have a successful and productive year. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office - 897-2167.