NIKE Work Based Learning Center
The NIKE Work Based Learning Center prepares students for post-secondary plans for the 21st century. Career awareness and exploration is an important aspect of all students’ educational experience, and integral part of college and career readiness. The NIKE Work Based Learning Center provides real world experiences by extending the classroom to include the whole community, and gives students the opportunity to apply academic and technical skills to actual work. Students connect classroom instruction with learning in the workplace, and the experience becomes a meaningful and engaging educational opportunity.
- Students earn credit toward graduation.
- Student instruction focuses on career awareness and exploration, qualities of successful employment, workplace safety, social skills, and job seeking skills.
- Student Interns will complete a Student Training Plan, Career Plan, Evaluation Forms, Reflection Papers, and create an E-portfolio.
Additional instruction focus
- College and career planning
- Industry research & projects
- Pre-employment skills
- Development of job success skills
- Interview practice and resume writing