Long Beach Middle School
As counselors we:
- Schedule and facilitate parent-team meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate parent-teacher meetings.
- Schedule and facilitate student-teacher meetings.
- Are conduits for specific information that might impact on your child's academic, social/emotional development.
- Participate in building and district meetings specifically for our students.
- Conduct workshops in the classrooms that assist with the character development of our students.
- Assist the facilitation of the 6th, 7th and 8th grade assessment testing.
- Meet with our youngsters individually to address their academic and social/emotional needs.
- Meet weekly with grade level teams.
- Offer parents 5 after school-evening meetings in addition to parent/teacher conference nights. (Dates TBA)
- Available weekly after school from 2:54PM to 3:36PM one day a
week to meet with either a student(s) or parent. (e.g. extra-help time)
- Assist in the scheduling process for grades:
5 to 6, 6 to 7, 7 to 8, and 8 to 9 based on teacher recommendations.
- Assist in the day-to-day scheduling adjustments for our youngsters.
- Process all new entrants to Middle School or students
re-entering our school. This includes review of records, testing,
placement and scheduling.
- Facilitate the John Hopkins Talent Search Program.
Again, we welcome you to Middle School. Remember, we are here to help
your child have a successful and productive year. If you have any
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office -